Friday, March 9, 2012

Connecting the dots

It's been a long time since my last update! I've been extremely busy with my thesis work, shows and so on. I just wanted to share some photos from the Toronto Artist Project that was held last week. Lots of thanks to those who came out to see my work and the organizers of TAP who chose me as an untapped emerging artist. :D







Recently, I've been thinking about how I met all these people I know now and how they affected my perception and life path. If I did not meet even one of them, my world would have been a completely different place. I could have ended up becoming a normal salary man in Japan or I could have become a totally different painter. And I realized how little chance I had to meet some of these amazing people who hugely influenced my life. I just wanted to thank all of my friends who made my world the way it is today.


I am currently working on a gigantic 6x18-foot triptych as my final pieces for the thesis show. Hope to see you at the OCADU Grad Ex on May 2nd :D


night.

8 comments:

  1. Keita, these paintings are awesome. Great job on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! congratz on the award thingy!

    and lovely portraits as always! Especially love that touch of orange on the lips of the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering when I was going to see more of your work :) , looks great as always man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peter, Daniel, Jean, and Jonathan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is my greatest privilege to see your amazing work here. :)
    I came to know you through an artist name Jeff Simpson in DeviantArt and I am glad that I found out about you. I would like to meet you in person one day and learn how to paint people/portraits from you. If you are interested of seeing my stuff, this is my DeviantArt website: http://dimodee.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete